The Herher road joins
the main Yeghegnadzor-Goris road about 6.5 km E of
Vayk. The village of Herher
has Surp Sion Monastery one km NE on a hilltop, first attested in the 8th
c. There are S. Sion
and Astvatsatsin churches. In
the village itself is a 19th c. S.
and, just S, Grigor Lusavorich
shrine (1296), with
on the Herher river is Karmrashen,
(65 families, originally Kyotanli),
from 1963 a construction site for the Arpa-Sevan tunnel. On a hill E are ruins of a small church, and 1.5 km SW are ruins
of two more. There is
a carved votive to Saints Peter
set up by
Prince Elikum Orbelianin 1291, one km S of town.